Consultant at Juristconsult Chambers
Consultant at Juristconsult Chambers
Camille joined Juristconsult Chambers- a law firm located in the heart of Port Louis (Republic of Mauritius) - in 2014. He deals with cross-border transactional works involving Madagascan and Mauritian entities. Madagascar and Mauritius have strong commercial ties, the two islands signed a Non-Double Taxation Agreement and an Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement and both parts of the SADC, IOC, COMESA and the Indian Ocean Rim Organisation.
Before moving to Mauritius, he was an associate in an international law firm based in Antananarivo (Republic of Madagascar) focusing on French-speaking countries and the OHADA law system.The Organisation for the harmonisation of Business Law or OHADA is a business-friendly system in which the same business legislations are applicable accross seventeen countries in Africa. Camille was at John W. Ffooks & Co.(a part of the Bowman Gilfillan Africa Group) for three years.
Camille is well-versed in natural resources and energy projects and acquired experiences on finance and corporate laws. He is graduated Masters in Business Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Antananarivo (Madagascar).
Explore my professional history and get to know the companies I worked at and the roles and responsibilities I've been assigned.
SOLIDIS helps SMEs in Madagascar to finance their projects by providing guarantee for their bank loan. SOLIDIS founded by local avant-garde
entrepreneurs is funded largely by the French Agency for Development and recently by the World Bank in order to render banking access more profitable for large part of the population and to develop inclusive finance in Africa.
- Advised - jointly with Madagascar lawyers - a world-based reinsurance group on Madagascar law requirements for conducting reinsurance business.
- Advised - jointly with Madagascan lawyers - a well-recognised international resort group on the process of filing of trademark application and cancellation court action for default of non use of trademark.
- Assisted - jointly with Madagascan lawyers - an international client on provision of financial services on regulatory impediment for credit card facilities for airlines in Madagascar (on financial services, data protection, anti money laundering regulations).
Natural resources (NR) sector
- Assisted - jointly with Beninese lawyers - an international major company on NR sector for the acquisition of a Benin-incorporated company having interests in the downstream petroleum sector.
- Assisted - jointly with Guinean lawyers - international major companies on the NR sector for the acquisition of Guinean-incorporated and Malagasy-incorporated companies including tax, corporate, environmental and land matters.
- Assisted an internationally recognized oil company and for its subsidiary in Singapore for the administrative process in respect of the acquisition of offshore storage licence and legal restrictions regarding to the granting of licence on downstream oil sector in Madagascar.
- Assisted - jointly with Congolese lawyers - Swiss-incorporated company on the acquisition of a Swedish company having interests in its subsidiary having participation in a production sharing agreement in respect of oil exploration with the Congolese Government.
- Advised a major ASX-listed coal producer in its acquisition of a coal project in Madagascar by completing detailed due diligence and opinion on the viability of the target company's permits.
- Advised - jointly with Gabonese lawyers - an Australian firm on the acquisition of a mining company in Gabon and particularly on the validity of the mining permits held by this entity.
Banking and Finance
- Advised - jointly with Beninese and Nigerien lawyers - an UK international recognised law firm on the validity of share pledges in Benin and Niger based companies in order to guarantee loan agreement of Euro 95 Million made by their respective parent company on the benefit of UK and Netherlands banks.
- Assisted a multinational merchant bank - jointly with Senegalese lawyers - on a financial transaction on ISDA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association) in Ivory Coast and Senegal in respect of the conclusion of derivative transactions market under the terms of the ISDA Master Agreement.
Well-versed in natural resources and energy projects and acquired experiences on finance and corporate laws. He is graduated Masters in Business Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Antananarivo (Madagascar).
A concise list of some of the most valuable professional skills I possess. My tricks of the trade and what I can bring to the table.
Get in touch with me if you would like to do business together, share an idea or just say hello.