Engineer, Leader, Entrepreneur
Engineer, Leader, Entrepreneur
I enjoy impacting people, organizations and systems and aim to transform the world into a better place. I have a strong intellectual curiosity for solving problems and gain satisfaction by devoting my skillsets and energies to finding viable and sustainable solutions.
I enjoy discussing orally or in paper topics that are relevant to society nowadays. I am a person of action, so I am convinced that the application of knowledge, in collaboration with capable driven people, can result in profound and innovative transformations in technology, the economy and the community.
My most meaningful experiences have been opportunities where I have partnered with intelligent and committed individuals also interested in making a positive difference in the community, country and world.
Explore my professional history and get to know where I have worked at and the roles and responsibilities I've been assigned.
Regular blogger at Forbes Mexico's online edition, where I discuss topics such as analyzing current issues on Energy, infrastructure and Entrepreneurship. I also focus on how Mexico's role contrasts with the rest of the world and work to simplify complex terminology to ensure articles are accessible to a larger readership.
• Develop strategic planning, decision making and manage teams.
• Establish, and develop relationships and partnerships with government institutions, organizations, NGOs foundations, and companies.
• Design intellectual, professional, and economic development programs for outreaching young entrepreneurs, businessmen, students and professionals.
Ideologist, leader and founder of the Association of Engineering Leaders United for Mexico. The project aims to promote the STEM Fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in Mexico and from Mexico to the world.
• Performed research for reports and blogs discussing a wide range of issues, including economics, energy, development, security, trade, infrastructure and politics. Research concentrated on Mexico, the United States, Venezuela, Brazil, El Salvador, Colombia and Bolivia.
• Research Assistant to Nonresident Senior Fellow Diana Villiers Negroponte.
• Effectively communicated in Spanish and English in outreach efforts to key Mexican stakeholders, collaborated with the Initiatives of Security in the 21st Century, Global Cities and Latin America.
• Report and Blog contributor.
Provided a venue to learn, develop identity and be in contact with Mexico through education, debate and culture by facilitating academic, cultural and social events to the GWU community. High-Profile Invitees included the Former First Lady of Mexico, the Governor of Querétaro and the Presiding Judges of the Mexican Electoral Court of the Federal Judiciary.
• First Place at the GWU Latino Leaders awards, under the category of “Promoting Academia in the Community”, for promoting the best quality informative and educational actions among the Latino associations.
• Finalist to the Excellence in Diversity Award, recognized as one of the top-10 GWU organizations that have demonstrated a significant commitment to Diversity and Inclusive Excellence.
• Became one of the top-five associations of Mexican students in the U.S. in its first year of operations.
• Collaborated with electromechanical analysis and Social Witness reports to the Federal Power • Company in "La Yesca" Hydroelectric Project.
• Consulting on Resilience Engineering, Innovation and Finance to private entities.
• Research leader on renewable electric energies to decrease climate change and curriculum flexibility, submitted to the Environment and Education Departments.
• Organized the X Inter-University Contest of Wooden Bridges, which has evolved into a National University Contest of Wooden Bridges.
• Organized workshops, conferences and courses on Civil Engineering and professional development topics.
• Head coordinator for social events with typically 50-250 guests.
• Worked on Marketing, Sales, Technology Settlings, Inventory and Design during weekends.
• Developed part of the graphic design of the company. In the meantime, developed a quality strategy based on the Pareto principle, improving substantially the perception of the company among customers.
See where I spent time studying and gained early knowledge to prepare for my professional life.
I am a regular blogger at different publications, including Forbes Spanish, the World Economic Forum, Connect Americas and Asociación de Empresarios Mexicanos, where I discuss topics such as analyzing current issues on Energy, infrastructure and Entrepreneurship. Please feel to subscribe to the newsletter.
A concise list of some of the most valuable professional skills I possess. My tricks of the trade and what I can bring to the table.
Hear what some of my colleagues have to say about me after working together on various projects throughout my career.
See where I've been mentioned and where my hard work has been featured.
Do you want to schedule time to talk as soon as possible? Please use the following link.