Muhammad Ali Imam
Materials and Metallurgical Engineer with 3+ year experience in
- Thin films, Sputtering
-Characterization techniques using X-ray diffraction (XRD), Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) , Transmission electron microscopy (TEM), Thermal analysis (DSC, TGA), mechanical testing (Zwick tensile, compression, and Flexure test)
-Polymer processing with single screw Wayne Yellow table top extrusion molding
-E-beam irradiation effect on thermoplastic polymer
-wide range of processing operations such as compression molding, and vacuum assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM).
• Teaching experience as a teaching assistant for Engineering Graphics (NX 7.5, solid works) and Engineering Dynamics
• Research experience in 3D micro/nano chip fabrication and surface engineering (Anodizing)
• Research experience in CFD based fire dynamics modelling (FDS )
Explore my professional history and get to know the companies I worked at and the roles and responsibilities I've been assigned.
• Synthesizing nanoparticles from waste materials.
• Melt extrusion process is being used to fabricate nanoparticles reinforced thermoplastic nanocomposite
• Characterization using Differential Scanning Calorimetry, Thermogravimetric Analysis, X-Ray Diffraction, Scanning Electron Microscopy and Tensile test.
• Fabricated lead free 3D chips joining materials which will withstand at high temperature performance
• Micron layers of different metals were deposited using electroplating and got desired intermetallic between different layers which have higher melting point than the metal layers to achieve high temperature performance.
• A preliminary experimental part was conducted on comprehensive pyrolysis & combustion.
• Developed a modelling as well as ANN/GA optimisation part in collaboration with the University of Melbourne and the University of New Castle.
• This included numerical modelling of one-step multi-reaction & multi-step semi-global reaction schemes and gas phase combustion using using Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS) and seeking improvement of these schemes/ models.
See where I spent time studying and gained early knowledge to prepare for my professional life.
A concise list of some of the most valuable professional skills I possess. My tricks of the trade and what I can bring to the table.
Hear what some of my clients and colleagues have to say about me after working together on various projects throughout my career.